It doesn’t matter if you’re thinking about installing a new pool or if you already have it because you probably have numerous questions unanswered. The main idea is that most of those questions will come to about heaters.
Finally, you do not have to worry, because most new users and enthusiasts do not know what heaters are and how to find the perfect one for specific preferences.
That is the main reason why we decide to present to you with everything you need to know about pool heaters so that you can find the one that will meet your demand.
- The Size Of Pool Heater
If you wish to find the best heater for your particular requirements, you should think about how you are going to use it in the first place.
In case that you wish to use it intermittently, you will need a more substantial solution since you only gas heaters will be sufficient enough to raise the pool temperature with ease.
On the other hand, if you wish to maintain it at the perfect and balanced temperature by combining a thermostat and heater, you can choose a small one instead.
- Energy Efficiency
The main problem that could happen after finding a significant heater is that you will have to pay for utility costs. That is the main reason why you should check out and find the one that will accommodate your needs.
Everything depends on the type of heater you decide to get such as:
- Natural Gas – The natural gas heaters are efficient when it comes to heating, and they use one thermo per hour for each hundred thousand BTUs. You should have in mind that price can vary for natural gas, and you should check out rates by clicking here,
- Propane –Propane heaters use one gallon of propane on one hundred thousand BTUs, and you should check out the prices because it can vary based on your preferences and size that you own.
- Heat Pump – You can use a heat pump which is also efficient because it will use five thousand watts so that you can handle everything with ease. Everything depends from state to state, but it is also an effective way that will help you along the way.
- The Heating Time
Generally speaking, you will need approximately half a day to handle the average size pool with ease. However, you will be able to check out the formula that will provide you the more accurate calculation that you can use for your particular pool.
Therefore, you should take the number of gallons of water in your pool and multiply it by 8.34. Then divide it by BTU size of your heater, and you will get the number of hours you will need to increase the temperature for one degree F.
That will allow you to understand how many degrees you will want to raise the temperature, which is based on your preferences and needs. It is as simple as that.
- The Most Common Heater Problems
Since heaters are complicated pieces of equipment for your pool, they can get faulty as well and repairing can be challenging to do it yourself. At the same time, it may be dangerous especially if you’re dealing with propane or natural gas.
We can differentiate numerous reasons why your heater will get faulty. You will be able to properly diagnose, and call a professional that will help you fix it along the way.
The most common causes why the heater is not working are:
- Low gas pressure that could happen due to improver valving
- Faulty high-limit switch
- Pilot light issues are also common choices
- The thermostat is out of calibration
- Problems with heat exchanger
Check this link: http://www.poolswiki.com/wiki/28/pool-heating to learn more about heating.
As you can see from everything we have mentioned above, finding appropriate heater is not a simple task especially if you have in mind that it is a significant investment for the next few years at least.
That is the main reason why you should find the one that will accommodate your requirements and needs as well as size and everything that goes with it.